Recipes » Tortilla Chicken Casserole
Tortilla Chicken Casserole
This one-dish dinner recipe is just the kind of hearty, warm casserole that's perfect for the whole family. Shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses in one delicious dish.
Instructions:1. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken and onion in butter for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato sauce, chiles, chili powder and cumin. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine sour cream, Cheddar cheese and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese.
4. Place one tortilla in casserole dish; cover with 1/5 of the chicken mixture, 1/2 cup corn and 1/4 of the sour cream mixture. Repeat layers three more times.
5. On top of last tortilla, place remaining chicken mixture and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
6. Bake at 375° F for 35 minutes until light brown and bubbly.
Adapted recipe from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.