Recipes » Fried Mac and Cheese Bites
Fried Mac and Cheese Bites
This is not your ordinary appetizer! Make a fresh recipe of macaroni and cheese or use leftovers. Either way, it’s an appetizer that will have everyone talking.
Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients:
Fried Bites Ingredients:
Instructions:1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly. Slowly whisk in milk, whisking constantly, until sauce is smooth. Bring sauce to a boil; boil 1 minute. Stir in cheese and cooked pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
3. Spray 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon macaroni and cheese into pan; packing it down slightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until macaroni and cheese is completely cooled.
4. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Cut chilled macaroni and cheese into 24 pieces, cutting pan 4x6.
5. Dredge each macaroni and cheese bite as follows: First coat bite lightly with flour, then dip in eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
6. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook about half of the bites at one time, frying bites for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side.
7. Drain bites on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8th of recipe
Calories 348; Total Fat 21g; Saturated Fat 8g; Cholesterol 73mg; Sodium 389mg; Carbohydrate 29g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Protein 11g